SMH: New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

By Jovanny Venegas & Sean Esco

Today’s SMH of the day comes from a beautiful (sarcasm) trending body modification called lip plates. Lip plates take the meaning of showing your pearly whites to a whole other level!

The piercing is made right below your lips, and with clear discs you can see your teeth and everything else inside your mouth.

Lip plates are also known as a lip plugs or lip discs, and trace back thousands of years to Sudan and Ethiopia (8700 BC). In this day in age Lip plates usually come as large discs (usually circular, and made from clay, wood, plastic and a few other things also depending if it’s a cultural thing), they are inserted into a pierced hole in either the upper or lower lip, or both, thereby stretching it.

Check out the photos below which show various Lip Plates. What do you think? Are you going to run off to get them? I know I am! (joking)

Make sure to LIKE us on Facebook to stay tuned to other SMH Stories of the day and other crazy trending styles!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

New Trend In Body Modification: Show Your Smile Through Lip Plates!

After we ran the story apparently in the Portland, Oregon area this style is really trending and they are calling it the “Front Porch,” or the Portland Lip Piercing.

Who’s running out to get one?

Make sure to check out these related SMH of the day RAL Articles below!

Woman Let’s Boyfriend Tattoo His Name On Her Face On First Date! (Video)

Woman With 7,000 Piercings Gets Married! (Photos)

Girlfriend Suing Boyfriend For Tattooing Feces With Flies On Back! (Photos)

Follow RAL On Facebook And :

Bookmark and Share
TAGS: , , , , ,

117 Comments

1. Melinda Kaye says:

Ugly as hell but funny – keep it up :}

2. John Burnett says:

Ellie Theofilopoulos Is that so? Im assuming you are a trained professional able to diagnose mental disorders? Oh no wait…you aren't…oh.

3. John Burnett says:

Konstantinos Patrinos HAHAHA!!!

4. John Burnett says:

Mitchell Sloth Walker Ugh…and I suppose you have never spelled anything wrong in your life? Oh…you have?? Id rather be a bad speller than a hypocrite.

5. Mitchell Sloth Walker says:

John Burnett Your education is sub-par. Tough life isn't it?

6. Annette Wing-Taylor says:

Mitchell Sloth get a life if that's all you can type! Your correction has nothing to do with the subject matter!

7. Mitchell Sloth Walker says:

Annette Wing-Taylor Thanks Anne. I actually stopped paying attention to this conversation for a few months. Only to find people are still commenting on my comments. Telling me to get a life meanwhile your criticizing an old comment. Give yourself a pat on the back for wasting both our time.

8. Kayla White says:

that is so stupid and its weird and creepy

9. Dan Cubrich says:

Ruby Martinez Gallardo, my beaver threw up also!

10. Jovanny Venegas says:

John Burnett LMAOOOO!!!!

11. Angelica, via Facebook says:

THAT IS NOT CUTE smh

12. Bekah Daigle says:

It is a way of expressing yourself, I may not agree with it, but they have more individuality than anyone I know. It's not your body, you don't HAVE to look at it, you're choosing to. So don't be so quick to judge.

13. rook piercing jewelry says:

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to
    this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk
    about this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

14. Bekah Daigle HAHAHA! They look at what society does and do the opposite. They rely on norms more than anyone. Their every waking thought is probably, "what should I do to stand out?" They are completely dependent on the general populace as to what to do with themselves. Individuality my ass. They're ugly people with very low self-esteem and aparently a lot of trust fund money.