Girl Stabbed To Death In Front Of Students By Ex-Boyfriend (Video)

Los Angeles, CA - Students gathered at South Gate High School Sunday in the aftermath of the fatal on-campus stabbing of a girl following an altercation with her ex-boyfriend to meet with grief counselors and visit a makeshift memorial. 18-year-old Abraham Lopez fatally stabbed ex-girlfriend Cindi Santana, 17, Friday morning around 11 a.m. during lunchtime after he punched her and pushed her to the ground in front of hundreds of students. Abraham Lopez repeatedly stabbed Cindi Santana during a lunchtime fight after punching her and pushing her to the ground. Santana died of her injuries around 7:45 p.m. Friday at St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood, authorities confirmed. Sign up for KTLA 5 Breaking News Email Alerts Police say Santana was stabbed in the side and back. Click on "Like" button Above to share this article Like Us On Facebook:
Witnesses said couple, who had been dating on and off since since 9th grade, were fighting over a recent breakup when Lopez began choking her. The school's dean and another student -- an 11th grade football player who has been identified as Jorge Garcia -- stepped in and tackled Lopez. During the scuffle Garcia was stabbed in the arm. He was taken to a hospital, treated, and later released. The school dean suffered non life-threatening injuries. LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy talked with the school dean Friday night. "I personally spoke to the dean of students, she's been released and she's home," Deasy said. Lopez was not injured and is currently being held on murder charges. He is expected to appear in court Tuesday. The school was put on lock down for two hours as a precaution. In a related incident, detectives were investigating a bomb threat near the hospital around 9 p.m. "Our detectives discovered some evidence that indicated to them that the suspect may have threatened to put an explosive device on one of the family members cars or near the residence," school police chief Steve Zipperman said. The streets around the hospital were closed off and the parking structure was temporarily evacuated while the bomb squad investigated the threats. Nothing was found.   via KTLA

Bookmark and Share


You can be the first one to leave a comment.

Leave a Comment