By Krystal Xavier
NEW UPDATE BELOW
Former New England Patriot tight end 23-year-old Aaron Hernandez has been charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, but the question that many people have is did he really do it?
On June 26 Hernandez was charged with the murder of semi-pro football player and friend Odin Lloyd. In a recent interview Hernandez’s former Patriots teammate Matt Light said that he never trusted Aaron. Light told Dayton Daily News “I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced — never believed in — anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.”
The troubling ordeal that everyone has with this case is not only that a life was lost but the fact that Aaron had a 5-Year $40 million contract.
Hernandez had it made…. he was only 23, a football star, good looks, a 8-month-old daughter and rich! So, if he is guilty why would he throw it all away?
Here are the facts:
- Odin was found dead in an industrial park a mile from Aaron’s home on June 17th.
- Odin was shot five times with a .45 caliber semi automatic weapon.
- A ammunition clip matching the caliber casings found at the scene of Lloyd’s murder was found in a Hummer belonging to Hernandez.
- Hernandez was arrested in his home a week after Odin’s body was found.
- Currently Aaron’s girlfriend Shayanna Jenkins is allegedly working with the DA on the case.
- Hernandez’s lawyer argues that he deserves bail, but was denied to await trial.
- On Wednesday another man was arrested in Hernandez’s hometown of Bristol, Conn., as part of the investigation.
Following the dropping of Hernandez the New England Patriots issued the following statement:
A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.
Current reports reveal that Boston police have conducted a search of Hernadez’s North Attleborough, Mass. mansion early Friday morning in connection with a 2012 double homicide in Boston.
Boston police reported that on July 16, 2012 Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Teixeira Furtado, 28, both of Dorchester, MA were killed when someone fired at the BMW they were in.
A source told WBZ-TV that they believe Lloyd may have had information about Hernandez’s alleged role in the double murder.
Regarding the Lloyd case authorities say they’re seeking another man in connection with Lloyd’s murder. The man is Ernest Wallace, who’s considered armed and dangerous. An alert and wanted poster has been issued and police say he’s wanted for accessory after the fact in Lloyd’s killing.
A police release states that Wallace is 44-years-old and is also known by the nicknames “Bo” and “Fish.”
A source has also revealed he believes that Hernandez is being set up by a gang who he used to be affiliated with, someone in his inner circle who he used to trust and has gained access through Aaron’s girlfriend Shayanna Jenkins.
Stay tuned with RAL to keep you posted on new details, meanwhile do you think Aaron Hernandez is responsible for all the murders? Take the poll and watch the news reports below:
Follow RAL On Facebook And Twitter @RedAlertLive: